SRV and SRD Smart Thermal Control Module
- -10 °C to 200 °C
- 0.005 °C temp. stability
- 0.05 °C temp. accuracy
- Integrated temperature controller
- Standalone operation
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, RS485, USB ports for direct integration
- Desktop and in-line units
STCM is custom designed to ensure uniform temperature distribution across SRV and/or SRD even when installed in a flow loop with moving fluids. Heating and cooling is achieved through solid-state thermal devices with an advanced model-based controller. STCM was designed after extensive simulation and testing to ensure high level of thermal stability, accuracy and repeatability.
STCM eliminates the need for bulky and expensive thermal test chambers (climate chambers) for temperature control. It reduces the foot print to the same size as a typical small coffee machine while achieving 10x better stability and uniformity compared to a 100L commercial thermal chamber. It enables fluid analysis with SRV in field and mobile units without compromising data integrity.
Fig.1 – Thermal uniformity across the SRV during operation along with the fluid chamber
RCP Software – Data acquisition and temperature control
STCM is built for calibration verification, viscosity and density measurements at various temperatures, estimating temperature compensation factors for viscosity and density, estimation of activation energy from Arrhenius viscosity models.
- Simultaneous fluid measurement & precision temperature control
- Constant temperature mode
- Temperature ramps with varying dwell times
- Target temperature modes – constant and ramp
- Data export to excel and other statistical software